Friday, January 9, 2015

Biblio-Files: My 2015 Reading Goals Part 1

Hey there lovelies!
Welcome to my first 2015 post...
Let's start things off with my 2015 Reading Goals, shall we?

I love to read, and write. I'm not 100% sure which I love more. But I have to admit I have been in a reading slump (in one form or another) for the past year/s due to college, getting and having a job,etc. Life took over and reading just took a back burner. However, last year around July things changed, and circumstance has given me more time, and I dedicated most of that time to reading. That's right I'm back! Now to continue with this new found motivation I have set myself some goals this year which I plan to conquer like a BOSS! (hee) On to the goals!

Goal # 1: Read 50 books which I can keep track of with Goodreads.

Around the middle of last year I set a goal of reading 35 books, and not only did I reach that goal, I surpassed it! I was able to read 38 books, so I think I will be able to do this challenge of 50 books. I only have to read 1 book a week, so I'll be fine... Right??

Goal #2:Diversify the genres I read. {I mostly read YA books}
Goal #3: Read more classics
To help me along with these goals I decided to do the...


Now, the goal of this challenge is to read 52 books by the end of the year, it has around 50 categories which includes reading a trilogy, that would make the total of 52 books.

There are no clear rules to the challenge except, I think, if you are an adult you can't read children's books (e.g. picture books) it has to at least be 100 pages and have deep substance. Also, you can't put a book into 2 categories (defeats the purpose of reading 52 books) 

But I have given myself an additional parameter/s: I'll TRY not to read the books I have already read.
Plus some parameters detailed below.

I haven't set all the books I am about to read but here are some:

[Disclaimer: I am a bookdepository affiliate and have linked the books for your convenience. I commission which helps me out. Plus they ship for FREE WORLDWIDE.I also tried to pick out the versions that I do have so that we can be book twins! LOL!]

A book with more than 500 pages- The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons
A classic romance- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
A book that became a movie- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
A book published this year- I'm still not sure which ONE!
A book with a number on the title - 1984 by George Orwell
A book written by someone under 30- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
A book with nonhuman characters- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
A funny book- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling {I decided to do this through Audible  as advised by booktubers }
A book by a female author- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
A mystery or thriller- Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith [aka J.K. Rowling]
A book with one word title- Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
A book of short stories - My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins {I'll prolly read this around December}
A book set in a different country- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr {Now I could have picked a book set in the US 'cause I'm not from the States but I picked this as an additional challenge}
A nonfiction book- #Girlboss by Sophia Amorouso
A popular author's first book- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon {Hopefully before the TV show comes back! Don't hold me to it though...}
A book from an author you love but have not read- The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks {Hopefully before the movie comes out. Oh! Scott Eastwood... }
A book a friend recommended- The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger {Recommended by my sister and also borowed her copy}
A Pulitzer Prize Winning Book- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
A book based on a true story- Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman {Love the show and Ingrid aka missglamorazzi recommended reading this if you love the show}
A book form the bottom of your to-read list- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch {Consulted Goodreads} 
A book your mom loves- Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen {I even have HER copy}
A book that scares you- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin {I'll probably read this on November. FYI Michelle Hodkin is coming to Manila! Can't go :( but will have THIS}
A book more than 100 years old- A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle {Don't have this particular cover but can I say? I'm a Cumberb*tch! Also I'm addicted to Sherlock and it's not going to be on 'til 2016?!}
A book based entirely on it's cover- The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't- Hmmm can't remember if a.) I was just too diligent in school that I read what I was supposed to or b.) I forgot what we were assigned

Whoo! This post has taken more space than I thought.  I think I'm going to have to divide it into 2 parts. More to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment